Many people are unsure how to estimate the value of their home. Here are a few age old truths about pricing no matter what kind of market we have: Seller or Buyer Markets.
Although, With the lack of inventory we are currently experiencing a seller can put their list price slightly over fair market value….depending on the location. All locations are different.
- Value is determined not by what you need or have invested in your property, but by what a buyer is willing to pay.
- The higher you price your property above fair market value, the fewer the number of available buyers.
- The greatest number of showings occur when your property first comes on the market; it quickly attracts the attention of the largest number of buyers looking for a property in that price range.
- The closer the listing price of your property is to fair market value, the higher the selling price you’ll likely receive. Too high a listing price attracts the wrong buyers and the right buyers won’t see your property.
- The length of time your property is on the market may affect the selling price you receive. In a buyer’s mind, too much time on the market indicates an overpriced property. To a buyer, it presents an opportunity to negotiate a price lower than you might have originally received.
Call, email, or text me when you are ready for information on Selling your property and buying another, if you are planning on it. I can help you with that too. I look forward to talking with you soon.
Five Star award recipient 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016 honoring the top 7% of real estate professionals in Oregon.
IT’S A GOOD LIFE!!
Rachel Sheller, Principal Broker, Realtor, CRS, ABR, GRI, SRES
Diversity Specialist, HOWNW, CSA-Certified Staging Agent, MASTERS CIRCLE
Oregon First, Realtors- Direct 503.380.9634, Email- firstname.lastname@example.org
View ALL available Houses on the market @ my Web Site- just type in my name
Licensed in Oregon