Have you ever heard the old saying; “Your only get once chance to make a first impression?” Curb appeal is your first impression. The very first thing potential buyers see when driving by is the front of the house. Usually, the first photo on line is the front of the house. Those are your first impressions and an opportunity to impress potential buyers. Curb appeal matters. Curb appeal really does add value to your home. It ultimately translates to a higher sales price. Not sure where to start? Here are 5 quick and easy ideas to get you started.
For a detailed list on what to do on your property to get the best curb appeal to give you the best chance to get the very highest price possible (and seller faster) call me today! Here is your list…
1. Wash up — Power wash the exterior to remove dirt build-up and other debris. Clean off the roof and gutters, and don’t forget the windows. Wash them inside and out to keep natural light flowing freely throughout the home’s interior
2. Outside updates — Re-stain the deck or reseal the patio, if needed. Make sure fencing is in good condition.
3. Prune and trim — Highlight your yard by pruning all trees and other plants. Keep the lawn mowed and weed the garden beds. Add small potted plants to increase color and greenery. Consider hiring a professional if yard work is not your specialty.
4. Attention to detail — Keep your front door looking fresh with a new coat of paint, or consider replacing the door, if necessary. Make sure house numbers stand out and the doorbell works. Don’t forget the mailbox. It should be upright, secure and aesthetically pleasing.
5. Pop of color — Add interest with a new doormat or fill window boxes with bright flowers. Choose colors that complement your home’s exterior.
IT’S A GOOD LIFE!!
Rachel Sheller, Principal Broker, Realtor, CRS, ABR, GRI, SRES, MASTERS CIRCLE, Diversity Specialist, HOWNW, CSA-Certified Staging Agent, Oregon First, Realtors
Five Star award recipient 2011-2017 honoring the top 7% of real estate professionals in Oregon.
Direct 503.380.9634, Email- email@example.com
View ALL available Houses on the market on my website
Licensed in the State of Oregon
***I’M NEVER TOO BUSY FOR YOU AND YOUR REFERRALS***