Ready to refresh a bedroom in your home? Here are five steps to get the process headed in the right direction.
- Choose a color scheme. Don’t make this decision harder than it is. If you’re stuck on choosing a color, start with a neutral (such as gray, creamy white or taupe) and decide on one or two accents that can be easily changed as time goes on.
- Start sorting. Before you bring in anything new, you must get rid of the old. Donate current bedding, furniture and decorative items that cannot be recycled or refinished to fit the new decorating theme.
- Pick timeless pieces. For the big-ticket items like a comforter or dresser, choose pieces that will stand the test of time. Use smaller items like throw pillows to add color, texture and patterns.
- Change up the layout. While new furniture and a coat of paint can help change the feel of a room, a new layout can take it one step farther. Rearrange furnishings to give your room a fresh feel.
- Switch out light fixtures. If you have a floor lamp, add a chandelier. If you like to read at night, add some soft lighting over your bed. Look for warm lights and avoid fluorescent bulbs that will make your room feel sterile.
IT’S A GOOD LIFE!!
Rachel Sheller, Principal Broker, Realtor, CRS, ABR, GRI, SRES, MASTERS CIRCLE, Diversity Specialist, HOWNW, CSA-Certified Staging Agent, Oregon First, Realtors
Five Star award recipient 2011-2018 honoring the top 7% of real estate professionals in Oregon.
Direct: 503.380.9634, Email: email@example.com
View ALL available houses on the market on my website
Licensed in the State of Oregon
***I’M NEVER TOO BUSY FOR YOU AND YOUR REFERRALS***