Here are five home improvements that can enhance your own enjoyment, as well as increase your property’s value at resale time, according to HouseLogic.com.
- Crown molding. Upgrading to crown molding can make a room feel bigger, taller and more elegant. Wood moldings are available in a variety of styles that can be stained, painted or left natural. Some moldings feature indirect LED soft lighting.
- Ceiling fans. Replacing old, unattractive ceiling fans can enhance the entire look of a room. Choose a quality fan with the Energy Star label to get the best cooling results and least amount of noise. A “hugger” ceiling fan that’s flush-mounted is ideal for rooms with a low ceiling height.
- A mature tree can add between $1,000-$10,000 to the appraised value of a property. Trees growing along the street in front of a house can increase its resale value by an average of more than $8,500, according to numerous studies of appraisal reports.
- Deck or patio. If your property doesn’t have an outdoor living space such as a deck or patio, it’s a sound investment to make. Rebuilding a deck or expanding a patio can also offer a good return.
- Landscape lighting. A well-lit exterior can highlight the most attractive features of your property as well as help to deter would-be burglars. In addition, many homeowners insurance policies offer lower rates for motion-sensor lighting systems.
For more information on adding value to your home please call,e mail, or text me to talk more about it.
IT’S A GOOD LIFE!
Five Star award Winner 2011- 2018 honoring the top 7% of real estate professionals in Oregon.
Rachel Sheller, Principal Broker, Realtor, CRS, ABR, GRI, SRES, Diversity Specialist-HOWNW, Earth Advantage Broker, MASTERS CIRCLE, CSA-Certified Staging Agent, Oregon First, Washington First
Direct 503.380.9634, Email- firstname.lastname@example.org
View a current list of ALL available Houses on the market go to my website
Licensed in the State of Oregon
My business is referral based.
If you’ve enjoyed my service, please refer me!
You must be logged in to post a comment.