This past year was definitely a strong seller’s market, according to recently released data from the National Association of Realtors®. With stiff competition among buyers for the low number of listings available in the marketplace, you might think that homeowners would opt to sell their own houses. However, for-sale-by-owner properties were at an all-time low. In fact, 91 percent of sellers listed with a Realtor® in order to take advantage of the professional agent’s knowledge of the market and expertise in negotiating the sale.
Here are some other trends about home sellers in 2018:
- Nearly 45 percent moved up to a larger house.
- The median gain in their home equity was $55,000.
- The average time spent living in the home before selling was 9 years.
- The typical distance between the property sold and the property purchased was about 20 miles.
- Typically, Listing with a Realtor gets you more money than going alone.
For more information on selling and/or buying in today’s market please call, email, or text anytime to go over all your options, steps, costs, time it takes and how to get the best deal possible.
Five Star award Winner 2011- 2019 honoring the top 7% of real estate professionals in Oregon.
IT’S A GOOD LIFE!!
Rachel Sheller, Principal Broker, Realtor, CRS, ABR, GRI, SRES, Diversity Specialist-HOWNW, Earth Advantage Broker, MASTERS CIRCLE, CSA-Certified Staging Agent, Oregon First, Washington First
Direct 503.380.9634, Email- email@example.com
View an accurate list of ALL available Houses on the market on my website.
Licensed in the State of Oregon and Washington
My business is referral based.
If you’ve enjoyed my service, please refer me!