While many people think of St. Patrick’s Day as the holiday of green beer, here are seven family-friendly ways to celebrate Ireland’s patron saint.
1. Enjoy a local parade. Get the family together to watch marching bands, bagpipes and Irish step dancers in your area.
2. Turn your food green. Dye your pancakes green, make cupcakes with green frosting or enjoy a mint milkshake as a festive treat.
3. Eat traditional Irish food. Corned beef and cabbage or Reuben sandwiches are popular restaurant specials, or try making shepherd’s pie or Irish boxty at home.
4. Enjoy an Irish beverage. Ireland has more to offer than Guinness and Jameson. Warm up with a cup of Barry’s or Lyons tea and top it off with a splash of milk.
5. Listen to Irish music. Traditional Celtic music is standard fare. Flogging Molly and Dropkick Murphys are two Irish-American punk bands if you want a change of pace.
6. Find a green landmark. Iconic sites around the world light up green for St. Patrick’s Day, making for a festive selfie backdrop.
7. Watch the Chicago River turn green. Since 1962, the city has dyed the river by using an environmentally friendly powder that turns bright green when it hits the water. If you want to witness the transformation, be there on the Saturday before St. Patrick’s Day.
IT’S A GOOD LIFE!!
Five Star award Winner 2011- 2020 honoring the top 7% of real estate professionals in Oregon.
Rachel Sheller, Realtor, CRS, ABR, GRI, SRES, Diversity Specialist-HOWNW, Earth Advantage Broker,
MASTERS CIRCLE, CSA-Certified Staging Agent, Oregon First- Principal Broker, Washington First-Managing Broker
Direct 503.380.9634, Email- email@example.com
View ALL available Houses on the market on my website
Licensed in the State of Oregon and Washington
My business is referral based.
If you’ve enjoyed my service, please refer me!