Architects and designers love to convince people that the latest trends are the most desirable features for every household. However, a design’s popularity doesn’t necessarily mean that every buyer should want it. Here are some examples, according to Realtor.com®.
1. Open floor plans: While open floor plans can feel bright and airy, they’re not without some drawbacks. Sound carries in spacious rooms, which can be frustrating for households with young children or adults who work from home. And while it’s convenient to see your living room from your kitchen, remember that open floor plans generally require large rugs, tall pieces of art and strategically placed furniture in order to create a cozy, inviting atmosphere.
2. Hardwood flooring: Today’s home buyers almost always prefer beautiful hardwoods to carpet or tile. However, without the proper finish, scratches and stains can become a serious issue. In some households, kitchens, bathrooms and other high-traffic areas may be better off with a more durable flooring choice.
3. Upstairs laundry room: A laundry room near your bedroom may seem like the ultimate convenience, but don’t forget to consider the noise. If you’re concerned the washer and dryer will keep you or the kids awake, doing a little extra legwork to get to a first-floor or basement laundry room may be worth it.
4. Designer sinks: Bowl sinks are elegant, but they take up valuable counter space. Pedestal sinks look sleek, but they leave you no room to store toiletries or cleaning supplies. Consider reserving these features for a hall or guest bath rather than the bathrooms you use every day.
5. In-ground pool: A pool in your backyard may be on your wish list, but keep in mind that pools require a lot of maintenance. Make sure you have the time, resources and motivation to take care of an in-ground pool before you take the plunge.
IT’S A GOOD LIFE!!
Rachel Sheller,Principal Broker, Realtor, CRS, ABR, GRI, SRES,MASTERS CIRCLE, Earth Advantage Broker, Diversity Specialist-HOWNW, CSA-Certified Staging Agent, Oregon First, Washington First
Direct 503.380.9634, Email- firstname.lastname@example.org
View this ALL available Houses on the market on my website.
Licensed in the State of Oregon and Washington
My business is referral based.
If you’ve enjoyed my service, please refer me!