- Wash full loads of dishes and clothes.
- Air-dry dishes, sheets and lightweight clothing, whenever possible.
- Use timers and motion sensors to turn lights off and on.
- Lower the temperature on your hot water heater to 120°
- Use weatherstripping and caulking around doors and windows to prevent drafts.
- Regularly replace HVAC filters, and have a licensed professional inspect your heating and cooling systems twice a year.
- Use spray foam insulation to seal gaps around pipes, chimneys, lights, windows, and brickwork.
- Invest in a programmable thermostat to conserve resources and money.
- As they burn out, replace incandescent bulbs with energy-efficient LEDs or CFLs.
In addition, contact your utility company and ask if they offer a free home energy audit. According to AmericaSaves.org, energy lost from a basement, unfinished room, attic, or garage can be an expensive waste of money. Sealing leaky ductwork can provide additional savings.
IT’S A GOOD LIFE!
Five Star award Winner 2011- 2018 honoring the top 7% of real estate professionals in Oregon.
Rachel Sheller, Principal Broker, Realtor, CRS, ABR, GRI, SRES, Diversity Specialist-HOWNW, Earth Advantage Broker, MASTERS CIRCLE, CSA-Certified Staging Agent, Oregon First, Washington First
Direct 503.380.9634, Email- firstname.lastname@example.org
View a current list of ALL available Houses on the market go to my website
Licensed in the State of Oregon
My business is referral based.
If you’ve enjoyed my service, please refer me!